I had some success with it, but it was not consistent.
I was able to make enough good-enough ones, but it was so frustrating because I did not know what resulted in the good batch or the bad batch.
I read so many guides and forums online for macaron troubleshooting.
But often times, they say something like… the reason this happened is because either the batter was overmixed or undermixed, or the oven temperature was too high or too low…
Can you see why it’s frustrating?
So basically, every process of macaron-making has to be PERFECT, which is, as you know, hard to do (sigh)…
Anyway, these are some of the shells that turned out better than others.
I love this color combination.
Muted and elegant.
(Actually I wanted one of the colors to be “gray”, and I bought and used “super black” coloring gel. And this is what I got (the blue looking one). It’s still pretty, but it’s definitely not black or gray. I was completely perplexed. )
I put some blueberry syrup to the buttercream, but I thought it would be fun to place syrup and syruped blueberries on top for extra blueberry flavor.
It’s pretty this way, too!
I probably won’t make macarons for a while after this experience.
I need a little break.
But next time I do, I will either go back to the old recipe or try something different, maybe this one ↓.